Every year Halloween seems to be becoming a bigger event in London. Lots of kids in disguise are seen trick or treating around various neighbourhoods. Here are a few tips on how to make the best out of Halloween with your Twins:
- Choose the best neighbourhood for your twins. If you want a slightly quieter but still participating neighbourhood check out Holland Park, Notting Hill, Hampstead or West Hampstead. For a busier Halloween with large crowds descending on streets, you shoukd head to St Johns Wood. The busiest and most decorated streets are Hamilton terrace, Abbey Gardens, Loudoun road, Clifton Hill, Blenheim road and Marlborough Place.
- Head out early. Most houses run out of sweets around 6-6.30pm so best time to start is around 4.30-5pm. The bigger kids seem to roam the streets later in the day so for small kids, early is best!
- Make sure you take a bucket for all the sweets your child will collect (I would advise to advise the kids early that it’s one sweet only and to say thank you). Having given out hundreds of sweets over the last 2 years I can only say that polite kids are the most welcome 🙂
- Put on layers under the Halloween outfit as it can get very cold after a while
- Put something bright, glowing or very recognisable in the dark on your children so that you can spot them easily if you lose those little hands! I usually use glow wands, bright hats etc. Instruct your kids not to move if they lose you!
- Nothing is cuter than twins in Halloween outfits!! Have fun!